Portarlington Community Centre
At Portarlington Community Centre, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice is intended to explain how we collect information about you, how we use it and how you can interact with us about it. The following information is being provided to you as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are:
Portarlington Community Centre’s primary purpose is to operate a community centre for the benefit of the residents of Portarlington, in Co Laois and surrounding areas, which will provide facilities for community activities, training courses, cultural activities, recreational activities for the elderly and meeting rooms for community members and local charitable organisations.
What information do we collect about you?
In order to provide our services the information held by us may include:
- Data provided by you; to identify you, including your contact information.
- Other personal details provided by you, necessary to utilise our facility e.g. insurance etc.
- Information which you have purposely consented to give us while using our facility, e.g. information to make public in order to promote your activities at the facility.
- In line with employment legislation, we will collect further information from our employees, which will include but is not limited to bank details, PPS number, employment history and will only be collected when there is an appropriate legal basis.
What is the purpose and legal basis for processing your personal data?
We process your personal data to assist us in the operation of our business. Under data protection laws we are required to ensure that there is an appropriate legal basis for the processing of your personal data, and we are required to let you know what that basis is. The legal basis for Personal Data processing by Portarlington Community Centre is contractual necessity, consent must be provided to process personal data for promotional purposes.
Will anyone else have access to my Personal data?
In certain circumstance, we need to share personal data in pursuit of our legitimate interests. Your personal data can only be accessed by Board and Staff members of Portarlington Community Centre and may also be processed by a Community Service Program agent while undertaking an audit of Portarlington Community Centre. During the course of an investigation/inquiry the Gardai may request access to personal data.
All personal data is stored within the European Economic Area or countries whose data protection regimes have been designated as adequate by the European Commission. We will not transfer any data to a third country or international organisation without your explicit consent and without appropriate privacy safeguards in place.
How long do we keep your data?
Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained. Data will be retained for any period required by law or the Government funded Community Service Program. CSP contractual obligations can be at least 7 years from the end date of the contract. Your information may be kept for a longer period of time when we are required to do so by appropriate laws and regulations.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data, which Portarlington Community Centre holds about you.
- The right to request that Portarlington Community Centre correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary or lawful for Portarlington Community Centre to retain such data.
- The right to request that Portarlington Community Centre provide you with a copy of your personal data and, in certain circumstances, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice. The new notice will explain the new use of your personal data prior to commencing the processing. It will set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Manager at the following location.
Portarlington Community Centre
TEL: +353 57 8645728
You have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission which you can contact by phone: +353 (0761) 104 800; via email email@example.com or by writing to:
The Data Protection Commissioner,